Stop machine once a notebook is fully executed

Hi, new user here (apologies if this has already been answered, I could not find it).

I am planning to run long processes in the background, on a GPU instance (I have a Professional account). I have tried and this works very well, but the documentation seems to suggest that the instance will keep running till manually switched off. I would love to have the option to automatically stop it once the notebook has been fully executed. Is this possible? The idea is to run a training and save the model overnight, and then play with the model the following day.

Slightly related question: is it possible to buy additional hours for GPU instances, once the 20 included in the Professional plan have been used?

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Hi @taglia,

Both questions are relevant, thank you!

Bad news: it’s not possible at the moment. Good news: this feature has been planned for a long time, and it is finally in development. Hopefully it will be available later next week.

Slightly related question: is it possible to buy additional hours for GPU instances, once the 20 included in the Professional plan have been used?

Unfortunately, no, it is also not possible at the moment, but it is also in the development :slight_smile: For this improvement, sadly, I can’t give you any estimates yet.

Thank you for the detailed answer!