SSL certificate failed

Hi,
Is there anything special one should know about certificate issues when using datalore with chrome browser?

Ive been using open data API successfully since the organization just updated their certificate this month. I removed all certificates from the OS (ubuntu) but I still keep getting same error in Datalore when using the API.

Any ideas what should I do? (…It gave the same error in QGIS but not anymore)

error:
SSLCertVerificationError [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1131)

Hello,

Is there anything special one should know about certificate issues when using datalore with chrome browser?

No, there is nothing special, Datalore should be accessible with no issues using any modern browser including Chrome @ Ubuntu

I still keep getting same error in Datalore when using the API

Could you please elaborate on this? Are you trying to connect to some API from a Datalore notebook and getting this error in the output? If so, could you provide a minimal code example to reproduce the issue?

Thank you.

Thanks for quick reply!

Yes from datalore notebook. I believe it works ok if no old certificate exist… the issue occured for me after they updated certificate. So I guess somehow Datalore sessions are still using that old certificate even if I try to remove all the old ones? (I used this method: How does one remove a certificate authority's certificate from a system? - Ask Ubuntu ) …am I missing something here? …not so pro in these env cert etc. issues…

code:

import owslib.wfs
from owslib.wfs import WebFeatureService
url = 'https://kartta.hsy.fi/geoserver/wfs'
wfs = WebFeatureService(url=url,version="2.0.0")
list(wfs.contents)

The issue is actually caused by a misconfiguration (incomplete certificate chain) on the kartta.hsy.fi side.

SSL validation reports (external links, third party providers):

1. SSL Checker
  2. SSL Server Test: kartta.hsy.fi (Powered by Qualys SSL Labs)

As a workaround, you may explicitly specify to skip the SSL certificate verification (not recommended):

from owslib.wfs import WebFeatureService
from owslib.util import Authentication

auth = Authentication(verify=False)
url = 'https://kartta.hsy.fi/geoserver/wfs'
wfs = WebFeatureService(url=url, version="2.0.0", auth=auth)
list(wfs.contents)

ok. interesting. Thank you! …I will let them know this issue.

1 Like