"No Space left on device"

Hoping one of the Datalore Staff can investigate this bug as well.

We have an On-Prem deployment of Datalore. Through the Docker-Compose route, however, we are having issues regarding the Docker side of things.

Primarily, we are now facing this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
SQLError: [HY000][3] (conn=35838724) Error writing file '/var/tmp/MY2K3x3J' (Errcode: 28 "No space left on device")

However, upon investigation, directory '/var/tmp/MY2K3x3J' does not exist. Our Sys-Admins have investigated this extensively, and they have concluded, Datalore is writing things to a virtual scratchpad – however this virtual scratchpad clearly has limitations, which aren’t documented in the Datalore-Docs.
Furthermore, there is no way to mitigate this space issue as an end-user. We have Datalore on a 500gb partition, however, we are perpetually facing

SQLError: [HY000][3] (conn=35838724) Error writing file '/var/tmp/MY2K3x3J' (Errcode: 28 "No space left on device")

Please advise steps to remediate this issue. It’s unfortunate as Datalore is an amazing product, but these problematic bugs, make it difficult to justify using it, given productivity is affected. Furthermore, the Documentation is limited, the error I’m facing, has yet to be documented anywhere.

Tks

Hello @Four,

Could you please specify where exactly do you see this error? Is it Docker logs, SQL cell output, somewhere else?

directory '/var/tmp/MY2K3x3J' does not exist

It is not a directory, the error says, there is no space to write file MY2K3x3J in directory /tmp/var.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Igor Medovolkin
QA Engineer in Datalore

If this error is displayed in the SQL cell output - please also check, that this specific request works fine in any other database client (e.g. DataGrip) - it could be an issue on the database server side and not in Datalore.